There are several scenarios where you might wish to attain a business enterprise. Whatever the situation, McIsaacs can remove the stress from the process and maximise the opportunity for you.
Whether you are considering buying a business or merging with another business, we have the experience and expertise required. Are you getting a good deal? Is the business right for you? Can you afford it? Have all avenues for future growth been investigated? We ask the right questions and find the necessary answers.
The services we provide incorporate every stage of the process - From identifying potential acquisitions and negotiating the commercial elements of the transaction to forecasting the future of the business. Our services include:
- A review of your goals and objectives
- Due diligence services
- Preparation of financial forecasts
- Advice on potential pitfalls and rewards involved in a merger
- Assistance with purchase negotiations
- Advice on financing
- Assistance with preparing a business plan
Drawing on the skills of professionals reduces your chances of purchasing an unsuitable business. Let McIsaacs show you how our experience can save you stress and provide you with the great opportunity a business acquisition or merger can be!
Charitable trusts are set up to hold money or assets and carry out activities for the benefit of the community. They can be formed for the purpose of:
- Promoting education
- Poverty relief
- Promoting religion
- Miscellaneous benefit to the community
A charitable trust, as registered by the Registrar of Incorporated Societies, gains tax benefits when approved by the IRD. These tax breaks include the absence of duty on gifts to the trust and the absence of tax on income earned by the trust.
At McIsaacs we understand the practicalities of charitable trusts. Our experience in this area enables us to assist you with setting up a trust and using the trust in the most effective way to reach your charitable goals.
Company legislation requires businesses to perform several administration tasks that take up a lot of valuable company time. The last thing you need as a business owner is to be stressed out trying to ensure you comply with the 1993 Companies Act. The potential threat of penalties for failing to keep up with the changing rules is too great a risk to take. At McIsaacs we can relieve you of this burden.
Our services include:
- General advice on company law
- Company formations
- Filing annual returns on your behalf
- Preparing all documentation related to minutes and resolutions
- Maintaining statutory books
- Assistance with changes of directors, shareholders, addresses, and office details
- Bonus issues
- Share transfers
- Registered office facility
Please contact us for further information on how we can help you get back to running your business.
As unpleasant as the task is, estate planning is one of the necessities of life. Knowing your hard-earned assets will be dealt with in the manner you choose provides peace of mind.
For business owners, a plan for succession of ownership is essential. We can guide you through the process of providing for business continuity.
The executor and trustee of a will is required to perform a number of duties. At McIsaacs we are experienced in estate planning and can guarantee no deviation from the succession plan for your assets.
The areas of estate administration we can assist with include:
- Meeting to discuss objectives for your estate
- Confirming assets - Valuations, inventories, and appraisals
- Court approval for a grant of administration
- Documentation involved in estate planning
- Protecting the assets
- Paying taxes and debts
- Estate distribution
- Administration Act
We live in a computerised age where technology enables us to enhance a wide variety of business processes. Use software and hardware effectively can provide enormous benefit to your business.
Here at McIsaacs we have embraced computerised systems, ensuring our trained, experienced professionals can:
- Discuss the best system to further your business
- Install and configure software to suit your purposes
- Recommend processes to make your computer system more secure
- Suggest accounting software applications suitable for your business
- Train clients to be self-sufficient users of a range of software applications
- Offer advice on electronic banking
Whether you are thinking about obtaining new computer hardware, or looking at completely changing your business systems, our team is willing and able to assist you.
At McIsaacs we have the expertise required to assist you in a variety of areas relating to residential and commercial property. The services we offer our include:
- Advice on purchasing a property
- Reviews of lease agreements
- Advice on funding
- Guidance on tax minimisation
- Advice on ownership structure
- Periodic reviews to ensure returns are maximised
The importance of forecasts in making a residential investment cannot be emphasised enough. We can provide you with forecasts for:
- Revenue returns
- Financial position
- Potential growth
Contact us today for more information on how we can assist you in the business of rental properties!
Achieving a comfortable retirement requires forward planning. You need to consider when you will retire, how much income you need for the retirement you desire, how to acquire that income, what role the government will play, and more.
The friendly team at McIsaacs can help you answer these questions and plan for the relaxing retirement you've earned.
Selling a business can be a difficult, disheartening time, and the tasks involved can seem particularly arduous. At McIsaacs we remove the stress from the process.
The services we provide for preparing to sell a business include:
- Obtaining comparative results
- Establishing a realistic sale price
- Taking the business to the market
- Negotiating with potential purchasers
- Drafting a contract
Our friendly, professional staff can help you obtain a maximum return for your business.
To ensure the long-term success of your business, it is critical to establish a well-designed succession plan. Coordinating the transition of your business to your successors can be an arduous process. However, with our years of experience we can address the complex issues of business continuation, removing the stress from your shoulders.
Contact us for more information on forming a plan that facilitates a hassle-free continuation of your business!
A trust provides a valuable way of protecting the assets you have accumulated for the benefit of others. Our extensive experience with trusts enables us to offer specialist advice on trust formation and ensures all statutory requirements are met. Obligations for trustees can often be onerous, and our assistance in trust administration can prove invaluable.
We can assist with:
- Attending to the special requirements involved in reporting for trusts
- Trust administration
- Minute-keeping service
- Annual accounts
- Asset management
- Investment monitoring
- Income distribution
Contact us today to ensure your trust is formed and administered as effectively as possible, covering all legal requirements and guaranteed to fulfil its purpose!
The rules for FBT payments change on a regular basis. At McIsaacs we keep up to date with the latest tax trends, enabling us to provide accurate advice on preparing FBT returns. We can also advise on the FBT consequences of proposals you intend to make, ensuring you make informed decisions.
Rather than paying excessive amounts of FBT, let the experts answer your tax queries. We can help you develop and complete the administration for a cost-effective employee benefit plan.
GST legislation is an area we know like the back of our hand. We can offer accurate, timely assistance in several areas, including:
- Registration queries
- Preparing GST returns
- Filing and adjusting GST returns
- IRD audit assistance
- Specialist events involving GST - Eg sale or purchase of property
At McIsaacs we offer a full range of taxation services. Our taxation consulting division is nationally recognised and we offer advice based on proven knowledge and experience. Our proactive approach ensures we deliver consistent service and build solid relationships that stand the test of time.
Taxation can be a major cost to your business. We will work with you to minimise your tax and help you achieve your key objectives. We provide a complete service of assistance and advice in each of these areas:
- Preparing personal and company tax returns
- Advice on tax payments
- GST/FBT/ACC obligations
- Advice on, and implementation of, tax effective trust structures for asset protection and tax minimisation
- Managing any IRD audits or disputes
In conjunction with Vero, our firm offers a tax audit insurance service. This service allows clients to be covered for the professional costs (up to a certain level) that arise in the event of the IRD reviewing or auditing any tax return filed. The benefits of this service include:
- The premiums are cost effective. For example, a business group with total turnover between $500,000 and $1m can have cover of up to a limit of $10,000 for a premium of $405.
- There is no excess payment i.e. professional costs are covered from the outset of a review or audit.
- Cover extends to all associated entities in the group e.g. husband, wife, company and trust
- The premiums are tax deductible to most taxpayers
- All prior year tax returns are also covered, and all tax types for which a tax return has been filed are covered
- Professional costs are paid directly by the insurer to the professional
It is important to note that the insurance does not cover any taxes or penalties that may arise from an audit.
If you are interested in obtaining a quote for tax audit insurance, please contact Josie at firstname.lastname@example.org or Chris at email@example.com