Tax and Audit
At McIsaacs, we view audits not as an overhead or necessary evil, but as a great opportunity to review your business.
Our audit team will work closely with you to get to know your business. We use the latest computerised systems, based around a detailed analytical review of the accounts. This enables us to offer an objective view of your business so we can advise you of any potential problem areas.
The rules for FBT payments change on a regular basis. At McIsaacs we keep up to date with the latest tax trends, enabling us to provide accurate advice on preparing FBT returns. We can also advise on the FBT consequences of proposals you intend to make, ensuring you make informed decisions.
Rather than paying excessive amounts of FBT, let the experts answer your tax queries. We can help you develop and complete the administration for a cost-effective employee benefit plan.
GST legislation is an area we know like the back of our hand. We can offer accurate, timely assistance in several areas, including:
- Registration queries
- Preparing GST returns
- Filing and adjusting GST returns
- IRD audit assistance
- Specialist events involving GST - Eg sale or purchase of property
At McIsaacs we offer a full range of taxation services. Our taxation consulting division is nationally recognised and we offer advice based on proven knowledge and experience. Our proactive approach ensures we deliver consistent service and build solid relationships that stand the test of time.
Taxation can be a major cost to your business. We will work with you to minimise your tax and help you achieve your key objectives. We provide a complete service of assistance and advice in each of these areas:
- Preparing personal and company tax returns
- Advice on tax payments
- GST/FBT/ACC obligations
- Advice on, and implementation of, tax effective trust structures for asset protection and tax minimisation
- Managing any IRD audits or disputes
In conjunction with Vero, our firm offers a tax audit insurance service. This service allows clients to be covered for the professional costs (up to a certain level) that arise in the event of the IRD reviewing or auditing any tax return filed. The benefits of this service include:
- The premiums are cost effective. For example, a business group with total turnover between $500,000 and $1m can have cover of up to a limit of $10,000 for a premium of $405.
- There is no excess payment i.e. professional costs are covered from the outset of a review or audit.
- Cover extends to all associated entities in the group e.g. husband, wife, company and trust
- The premiums are tax deductible to most taxpayers
- All prior year tax returns are also covered, and all tax types for which a tax return has been filed are covered
- Professional costs are paid directly by the insurer to the professional
It is important to note that the insurance does not cover any taxes or penalties that may arise from an audit.
If you are interested in obtaining a quote for tax audit insurance, please contact Josie at email@example.com or Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org